Me- "Leilani, what would you like to wear on your birthday?"
Leilani- "Ooooh. Something special and fabulous.
Me- "Should we go shopping today?"
Leilani- "What?! No. NOT from the STORE. I would like something made in your craft room. I want it to be very ooh la la."
So I spent all day yesterday at fabric and craft store putting together the elements for her birthday ensemble. This morning as soon as she woke up she told me she had "work to do." and disappeared with her art supplies. 10 minutes later she emerged with a drawing of what she wants her top to look like. That's right... my 4 year old presented me with a DESIGN SKETCH.
I want you to soak it all in. The red dots inside the number five are "sparklies" and the dots around the outside are lights. Yes, Leilani expects her ever-so-festive 5th birthday shirt to LIGHT UP. Where does she come up with this stuff?!

No comments:
Post a Comment